Topic: Dementia awareness session
Facilitator: Mr. Jagannnath
Speakers: Dr. O Jyothi, Consultant psychiatrist , Asha Hospital,Ms. AtiyaZareen , Psychologist , ARDSI Hyderabad and MsBala Tripura Sundari, Trustee ARDSI Hyderabad.
Date: 18th April, 2019
Time: 05:00 P.M - 7:30 P.M
- The program commenced at 05:00 PM and was attended by 50 individuals.
- The program was facilitated by Mr. Jagannath and the session started with an introduction of the speakers for the day.
- Dr. O Jyothi, Consultant psychiatrist , Asha Hospital, gave a talk on Dementia and its Diagnosis. She spoke about the various types of Dementia, how they affect the brain and the individual as well as the respective diagnostic methods.
- Ms. AtiyaZareen , Psychologist , ARDSI Hyderabad, spoke about the care giving and psychological approach towards reducing the risk of dementia.
- This was followed by a question-answer session followed where many participants asked questions about Dementia, care-giving, healthy aging.
- The participants also asked questions related to the various methods adopted to reduce the risk of dementia.
- The session ended with a vote of thanks by Jaganath.